Student Pilot License

Student Pilot License

This is the first pilot’s license one would need to fly an airplane as a pilot-in-command. When you are flying and receiving training from a flight instructor, you do not need any license. However, at some point during your training your instructor would get out of the airplane and would want you to go up on your own. This is called a solo, and the first one is called the first solo. And for this solo, and all the subsequent ones, you need’s a Student Pilot’s license. Typically, you would need this until you reach 40-50 hours of total flight time and get your Private Pilot License (PPL).

An SPL is good for 24 months, and the process to get it is pretty simple. You will also need a Class II Medical Certificate and Minimum age should be 16 years.



Fill out this form and a CompassAviator will contact you to answer all of your questions.
Get the conversation started, with no obligations on your part.